The USA Film Festival announces Schedule of Events for the 30th Annual KidFilm® Festival
January 25-26, 2014
DALLAS – The USA Film Festival announces the schedule of events for the 30th annual KidFilm® Festival taking place Saturday, January 25 and Sunday, January 26, 2014 at the Angelika Film Center, 5321 E. Mockingbird Lane, Dallas. In honor of KidFilm’s 30th Anniversary this year, all programs will be presented FREE to the community.
KidFilm is the oldest and largest children’s film festival in the United States, featuring an entertaining, educational, and diverse line-up of new and classic films for both children and adults. KidFilm is an annual outreach program of the USA Film Festival / Dallas, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to the recognition and promotion of excellence in the film and video arts.
Honorary Co-Chairs for KidFilm are Belinda Dabliz, Laura Williamson, Yvette Ostolaza, Cheryl Trapp and Gail Terrell.
This year, the Festival salutes favorite children’s book authors and celebrates magical creatures and our four-legged friends! From an invisible dog who helps his best bud, to a zebra who learns to accept himself despite having only half his stripes, and a mouse and bear, who overcome their
differences to form a unlikely friendship, this year’s program features adventure-filled films for
audiences of any age! Highlights of this year’s program include:
- A Tribute to children’s book authors/illustrators Rebecca Emberley and Ed Emberley (in person). The program will include screenings of several of the Emberleys’ books adapted for the screen including Chicken Little, The Ant and the Grasshopper and The Red Hen, as well as Ed’s Caldecott Medal winning Drummer Hoff and FREE copies of their latest book, “The Crocodile and the Scorpion,” distributed at the show. The Emberleys will sign books for the audience.
- Animated international films, including the critically-acclaimed French film Ernest & Celestine (presented in English), featuring the voices of Paul Giamatti, William H. Macy, Megan Mullally, Nick Offerman and Forest Whitaker, as well as the Australian film Khumba, featuring the voices of AnnaSophia Robb, Liam Neeson, Steve Buscemi and Laurence Fishburne.
- Presentation of the The LEGO Movie in 3D, featuring the voices of Will Ferrell, Chris Pratt, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Nick Offerman, Alison Brie and Charlie Day.
- A KidFilmClassics presentation celebrating the 35th anniversary anniversary of The Muppet Movie.
- Presentations of favorite books adapted for the screen featuring a collection of animated short films, including Creepy Carrots!, Hooray for Amanda and Her Alligator and Hi! Fly Guy.
- Films from local producers, including Abner the Invisible Dog from Andrew Stevens and My Dog the Champion from Farah White.
A full KidFilm schedule may be viewed on the USA Film Festival’s website at www.usafilmfestival.com Printed KidFilm flyers may also be picked up at the Angelika Film Center Dallas.
Tickets for all shows are FREE for children & adults! Seating is limited. Please arrive early to assure your seat. Tickets for all shows are available day of show only, beginning one hour before showtime. The KidFilm upstairs box office at the Angelika Film Center Dallas opens at 11:30am.
For additional information, please call the USA Film Festival at 214-821-FILM (3456).